Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Valentine's Day!

Awhile back (Halloween to be exact) I told all of you that Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday.  And since Valentine's Day is around the corner, I've decided to post this because I think it's funny and because I have no other ideas to post.  I also said that I would explain why I love Valentine's Day so much, but I can't really explain it other than the fact that you get presents and candy.  See, Halloween rocks because you get candy, but Valentine's Day is better because the presents are added to that.  Who cares if there's no "lover" to give those presents.  Friends and family members who pity you also give these things.  :D Yay!  Blah blah blah, I'm just filling up space until I think it's about time to move onto the next section of this post.  And that would be right about now...


So my senior year of high school, my friend KaylaAnn asked me to fill out a piece of paper.  I asked what it was for and she said, "It's for the school newspaper.  The deadline is this Friday; could you get it back to me tomorrow?"  Of course I agreed that I could because I've had to do last minute projects before also.  I looked down at the piece of paper and guess what it was about.  Valentine's Day dates.  I immediately sharted my pants.  I had no idea how to answer any of the questions.  I left school that day and went straight to jump rope practice where I saw none other than my BFF Brett...


Me: "Hey, Princess!  Can you help me answer some of these questions?!"
Brett: "What questions?"
Me: "Ones about Valentine's Day..."
Brett: "Ooh...**eyebrows**"


I handed him the pieces of paper with the Valentine's interview questions and he grabbed a pen.  He proceeded to fill out the paper like he was being me...


Q: What is the most romantic place for a Valentine's date?  Why do you say that?
A: Joseph's [Joseph Decuis] because it's the closest thing to Paris in Indiana.


Q: What is a cheap (but good!) place for a Valentine's date?
A: Krispy Kreme because you get free V-day cards with every purchase!


Q: Would you rather go out to a cheap and convenient restaurant/fast food, or go to a nice and rather expensive locale?  Why?
A: Nice and rather expensive because I'm a girl. Psh, I'm not paying!


Q: Overall, what is the absolute BEST place for a Valentine's date (in Huntington, Fort Wayne, Marion, etc...)?
A: The dinner theater because I'm too lazy to go to two locales in one night.


Q: What is the worst?  Why do you say that?
A: Anywhere Italian.  Who wants to kiss a guy with garlic breath?!



Q: Would you prefer to eat out, or eat a home-cooked meal for Valentine's Day?  Why or why not?
A:  Home-cooked meal, if they have a steamy, hot, hottub.
(Alternate answer he didn't write down: Homecooked meal, it's closer to the bedroom)


Q: What is the most romantic non-food place for a Valentine's Day date?
A: The most romantic place would be at a huge log cabin at a pond with a toasty fireplace.


Q: What is a cheap (but good!) [non-food] place for a Valentine's date?
A: The Roller Dome because they have some pretty entertaining booty-poppin' dancers


Q: Would you rather go to a cheap and typical location, or an exclusive and pricey location for Valentine's Day?  Why?
A: An exclusive and pricey location because I'm not paying


Q: Overall, what is the absolute BEST [non-food] place for a Valentine's date (in Huntington, Fort Wayne, Marion, etc...)?  Why do you say that?
A: The Lexus dealer because that would mean I would be getting a new car.


Q: What is the worst?  Why do you say that?
A: Unfortunately this answer has been lost in time :(


Q: What is your favorite location for a date?
A: Anywhere as long as I'm with my man


Q: How far will you travel for a great date?
A: As far as it takes...


Q: Amongst your friends, what is the most popular locale for dates?
A: Jefferson Pointe


The next day I gave the papers back to KaylaAnn with high hopes that they would be put in the school newspaper.  Unfortunately, she had someone else fill out the interview as well because her teacher said that my answers were "inappropriate."  Psh, inappropriate my arse!  This is what they printed:


Still looking for a place for that Valentine's date?
By KAYLA ANN VILLANUEVA Copy Editor
     With Valentine's Day being just around the corner, odds are that song Huntington North High School couples may still need some tips on great places for a Valentine's Day date.
     For dinner dates, several students suggested Applebee's or Bob Evans in Huntington, A Fort Wayne dinner theater, or various venues at Jefferson Pointe.
     Senior Kristina Hoover recommends, "Joseph's [in Roanoke], because it's the closest thing to Paris in Indiana."
     If you and your dinner date would like to still have a great time, but are on a budget, consider a home-cooked meal.
     When questioned about the absolutely most romantic place for a date, Hoover modestly responded, "The Lexus dealer because that would mean I'm getting a new car."
     Other non-dining suggestions by students included putt-putting, visiting a Krispy Kreme, seeing a movie, or going to the Roller Dome.
     It doesn't really matter where you go for your Valentine's Day date, as long as you both have an enjoyable time.
     Some places to avoid may include, "Anywhere Italian.  Who wants to kiss a guy [or girl] with garlic breath?" added Hoover.


What is that?  Seriously.  That is LAME!!!  I sound like a dumbass.  I don't appreciate this at all.  And since this post is boring and pictureless...I'd like to leave you with this fawesome drawing of me and my love for Valentine's Day*...
*Please note that Valentine's Day poops SweetHearts and prances around throwing roses while screaming cheesy pick-up lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment