Friday, June 24, 2011

FYI: I Don't Do Drugs

This is to you, Jerry Paris! I know you're not an internet junkie, so you won't ever see this, but that is not the point. I don't do drugs. I have never done drugs. I will never do drugs. Just because I draw pictures of zombies and tape them to your computer doesn't mean that I'm on drugs. Yes, I am quite loud and obnoxious at times. And I do have a very disturbing mind. And I laugh a lot. But those are not signs of drug use. You should know this! You did do drugs! I think you're just a jerk face. And a creepy, dirty, old man.


Now that that is out of my system, I would like to tell you all that I am feeling much better. I would have to thank one of my old obsessions, Arsenie Todiras, for that (If you don't know who he is you can google him. He was one of the singers for O-ZONE...and if you don't know who they are this will explain everyting). I just discovered he has a whole bunch of new songs. It pretty much made my day. I would also have to say that I'm in a better mood because I've been working. The past couple months I've been super stressed because I had no source of income and I had a quite a few things to purchase for my house in the fall. Living is expensive! One of the things I appreciate that my parents did was that they paid for everything growing up. I don't appreciate how they never prepared me for paying for things on my own. I don't like paying for my own gas. I don't like to go anywhere because of it. And the times I've bought groceries...goodness! You barely get anything and it's almost $100! Why?! Anyways, this weekend I'm probably going to do some painting. Not like...artistic, Bob Ross painting. More like...my bookshelf and desk are unfinished and they need a splash of color. I haven't decided what color(s) to paint them, though. I was planning on going to Wal*Marx and just picking up some random color whether it matches anything I have or not.


On another note, I am sorry that I have turned this blog into a rant/journal of my life. I was planning on it to primarily be for drawings/comics, but I just don't know what to draw. I keep forgetting to scan in that drawing that Cameron saw. I've shown quite a few people (and by that I mean my family, Cameron, and Brett) and of course the first thing my dad says is, "Oh! That would look neat going across the top of a dresser!" Thanks, Dad, for turning EVERYTHING into woodworking. I am proud of him, though. It's taken him a very long time to find his "calling." He's going to use one of my ideas for his Fellowship project. I'm glad that his Fellowship mentor is Michael Fortune. Should I put a link to him? Here's one. Michael Fortune is very artistic with his furniture (yet it's still functional as furniture...crazy, right?!) and I'm thinkin' that it'll open up my dad's artistic side a bit. Kind of lean him toward the art/artists-aren't-really-so-bad-and-they-can-be-normal-people-of-society-so-you-should-support-your-least-favorite-daughter-in-her-life-choices direction. Was that a bit bold of me to say? Oh! Just as a side note, I don't know if I can scan in the drawing. It's drawn on actual sketch paper unlike the rest of my drawings, so the paper is too big for my scanner/printer machine-thinger. But I will find a way! I don't remember if I posted the drawing I drew at Kayla/Micah's house. Let me check real quick...[BAD GRAMMAR!!!] I didn't. I know I posted it on Facebook; I don't know why I didn't post it here.
This was also drawn on sketch paper, so it's cut off on the bottom. Originally, I drew the "Gylycan." It was a weird creature from my dream the previous night that I was trying to explain to Cameron. I grabbed his sketch book and made a rough sketch of it. Please note that "Gylycan" was the name my brain made up for this creature. I drew it actual size. It kind of looked like a rabbit/ewok/mouse. It was about 3-4 inches tall and lived in holes in my house. It had really long horns coming out of the sides of its head and wore a brown suit. It was also brown and furry and according to my dream these were mythical creatures that Josh Gates was searching for in Destination Truth. Somehow, though, I made these creatures mad and they were going to send goblins after me...which is why it's yelling, "GOBLINS!!!" Back to the drawings, though. The next thing I drew was the eyeball bat. I don't know where it came from. I drew a circle and it led to an eye, and that led to wings, and that led to feet. It's probably one of the drawings I am most proud of which is why I dedicated it to my big brother on Facebook, but he didn't have anything to say about apparently (Thanks, Michael, for crushing my dreams! I'm just kidding :) <3 ). The next thing I drew was the other eye underneath it. It is insignificant. Next I drew out the Lucky Charms because that's what I draw when I can't think of anything else to draw. Next I drew my friend Tyler. He had been asking me for some time to draw him and make a blog post about him. I haven't really thought of anything to say about him and I would like to draw him out on regular computer paper so I can color him and such. Personally, I think it looks exactly like him, but he (and most of his friends) beg to differ. I'm sorry that I don't draw people with noses or fingers or make them look EXACTLY like a person! I draw cartoons not portraits! Then the last thing a drew was the "Not as Extremely Badass as My Other Werewolf." It really isn't as awesome as the one I drew on my wall. I'll have to take a picture of it sometime so I can show you. It's utterly epic. Utterly epic in the sense that it was one of the first real drawings that I had made in almost five years. I started drawing it in pen and switched to pencil in case I messed up. Anyway, I think I'm going to get off my computer and waste my life by playing on my Xbox. Haha, not much of a change, but I don't have enough gas to really go anywhere and Cameron's friends are awkward to hang out with when he isn't there (plus they hate me even though they say they don't and they consider me their friend and not just Cameron's girlfriend even though I knew them and considered them friends before I even knew Cameron existed...that's a lot of "even though's.") OH MY GOOD N PLENTY!!! THERE IS A WASP IN MY ROOM!!! Now I have to go because I need to kill it. Speaking of! There was a baby spider at work today hopping about the tables. Literally. It was JUMPING!!! It freaked me out, so I ripped a piece of packaging tape and slammed it down on top of it. It was still squirming and such so I took a box cutter to it. I am so cruel >:) Bah! Distractions! (That's how you know I'm not hating my life so much anymore :) ) Laterzzzzzzz!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, heck. I was supposed to comment on that?!? D'oh...

    On a side note, if Dad doesn't support your dreams, brush it off and move on. Just that you even have a dream worth reaching for is good enough. Proud of you for trying. Far better than I have done. I tend to shoot holes in my dreams before I even try.

    Love you baby seester. Shoot for your star at Purdue. And stay away from the Humans Vs. Zombie crew down there. They're frickin' nuts. Trust me on this.

    ReplyDelete