Saturday, May 21, 2011

Newsflash: "Normal"

What is the definition of "normal"?


Adjective: Conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected.
Noun: The usual, average, or typical state or condition

Now that that is settled, why do people ALWAYS say they aren't "normal"? I don't think there is any such thing as "normal." I was just reading some random girl's blog and she's all like, "I'm not normal. I'm a contradicting person. I'm stubborn and indecisive, shy and outgoing..." blah blah blah. Well guess what, most of the world is that way. Everyone has their contradicting qualities. I, myself, am also stubborn and indecisive, shy and outgoing, smart and retarded, etc. If you really think about it, no one is really that different from each other. Everyone has this idea about being different from each other. If everyone has that idea, doesn't that make us all the same? "I want to be different and not normal, so I'm going to pierce my face and get tattoos and not have normal colored hair!" Yeah, you're not different. You may not look like you did a year ago, but I would still consider you normal and just like everybody else. We all have the same desires deep down. There is no denying it. It's called growing up. So don't go around telling people that you're "different" or "not normal" because the person you're talking to thinks the same about him/herself. That is really weird. The word "him" is a REALLY weird word. It's freaking me out. I'm going to stop writing. 

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite lines is, "You are special... like everyone else."

    ReplyDelete