Saturday, September 17, 2011

Wake Up Falls and Unanswered Phones

Here I am, just laying in my bed. I am at a lack of tiredness as of the moment. And I need to work in about 6 hours. I couldn't sleep earlier so I called Cam and we skyped for a little and I either fell asleep on him (which was pretty much my whole intention...sort of) or the battery on my computer died. So I had been sleeping for about and hour when I hear people stomping into the house...of course all of this had been all jumbled up into my dream so I brushed it off until I heard a loud boom and a blood-curdling scream. Bam. At that moment I shot up and was like "What the heck is going on?!" I hear lots more stomping and yelling and slurred yelling and try to decipher what just happened and whether it needed my attention or an ambulance's. This continued for about 5 minutes and none of the noise died down. I figured everyone had gone out and got drunk and now they were all yelling at each other, so I decided to (very reluctantly) get out of bed and tell them to shut the eff up. I get out of bed and Tracey is frantically walking around and I'm not quite sure what happened next but I know I angrily told her about a scream that woke me up and she said that something had fallen on her foot. Okay, so next I go into the kitchen and try to tell everyone to quiet down a bit (at this point I did not know the extent of everybody's drunkenness) and Tracey's friend Jake is like "Oh, sorry, Kristina!" and hugs me and Stephanie is like "Have you had some cake?!" and Mikey's dad is like, "Christina! Take me away! Take me away!" and Mikey is like, "Yeah this is totally his first beer..." Tracey comes up to me explaining that everyone is drunk out of their minds and that she's handling it and that I should go back to bed. I don't know if any of you know this, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to get away from a drunk person who wants to talk to you. And I was surrounded by 4 of them. Tracey was trying her hardest to take care of them, and if I didn't have to get some sleep I totally would have helped her. A back massage, 2 other serenades, and a yeah-me-and-the-fork-go-way-back later, I finally got away. I've tried twice to call Cam to no avail, so I'm here writing this blog post. About halfway through writing it sounded as if Tracey got everyone to bed, but I'm not tired. I'm going to try to go to bed now. I really need to get some sleep. I haven't gotten much in the last week and the next week isn't going to be much better...

No comments:

Post a Comment